Assistant Practice Manager
Our client has been delivering surgical innovation and excellence in South Australia for over 15 years in laser vision correction and cataract procedures. Based in the CBD their facilities reflect the quality and service that they deliver and enhance the client experience throughout their journey with them.
They now have a Permanent opportunity for a highly professional Assistant Practice Manager to join and lead their team in achieving continued success.
Key to this role is superior team leadership skills to manage, motivate and guide the team through procedural and operational activities whilst ensuring the client experience is at the core of service delivery. In addition, excellent communication skills and the ability to proactively drive solutions to every day challenges will be required.
- Ensure reception management associated with admissions, consultations and treatments runs smoothly and in compliance with processes and procedures.
- Manage the integrity of all internal processes for record management systems for accuracy, timeliness and compliance.
- Accounts – assist with creditor and debtor account management in consultation with the Business Manager.
- Ensure all billing activities are completed in line with company procedures
- Payroll data entry and processing.
- Team leadership including allocation of rosters, day to day duties and responsibilities, team meetings and policy implementation.
- Coordinate surgery and consultation schedules, documentation, operating notes, technical specifications and requirements as per internal procedures.
- Ensure general housekeeping activities for the facility and surgical areas are carried out effectively.
- Excellent MS Office Suite capabilities required
- MYOB & XERO experience highly desirable
- Complies with the profession’s code of ethics.
- Act to rectify unprofessional conduct.
- Promotes an atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
- Promotes an environment that is safe and pleasing for patients and staff.
- Uses and promotes effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Acts to assist patients to make informed decisions.
- Participates in activities designed to maintain or improve the quality of the care and services provided in the Practice.
This is a great opportunity to utilise your exceptional leadership skills with a wonderful team who are passionate about delivering a fantastic service to their clients.
If you are dedicated, professional, committed and looking for a role that will be positively challenging and have high expectations of you that drive you to achieve more, then this opportunity will deliver the rewards and job satisfaction that will ensure when you join you will want to stay.
You will be rewarded with the opportunity to work in a fantastic environment, with a passionate and professional team. In addition a highly competitive salary is available to the right candidate and the opportunity for longer term career progression.
To register your interest in this position or submit an application please use the SEEK apply now or if you would like to have a confidential discussion please call Lorraine Kenny on 08 8354 2112.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org